I first heard of Apocalyptica from one of my teachers in high school, and was immediately interested. This was the first album I bought on iTunes, and now they are one my favorite bands ever! Here are the highlight songs:
1. Quuatmo- First song I ever listened to by them! Slow and melodic, but slowly picks up and finishes great.
2. Distraction- A faster track that totally screams “creativity”
3. Bittersweet- Another song with guests H.I.M. and The Rasmus singers; the video is interesting, but a haunting song nonetheless.
4. Misconstruction & Fisheye- with guest drummer Dave Lombardo that brings these dark, heavy tracks to life!
5. Farewell- Simply a slow, beautiful song with a bit of classical taste.
6. Misconstruction & Fisheye- with guest drummer Dave Lombardo that brings these dark, heavy tracks to life. Possibly two of the best ones on the album.
7. Ruska- My FAVORITE on the album! This song, with its slow, graceful tone, really helps me think during homework or with my creativity.
The bonus, 10 minute track is quite good, though it surprised me that it was two songs in one. The second one is Quuatmo with lyrics (probably in French), and the better half I think…
I have no idea how they do it, but they sure have an amazing well of creativity and taste. I usually ignored cellos in concerts or classical songs, but after listening to them, no way! I’m excited to see them live, and can’t wait to complete more of their masterpiece albums!