This is definetly one of the best AC/DC albums. It is basically a compilation of the “best” songs from their first two Australian albums. Every song on here is excellent.
1. It’s A Long Way To the Top (If You Wanna Rock ‘n’ Roll)-5/5. Simply one of the best rock songs ever. Heavy riffing, great Bon Scott vocals and a bagpipe solo. It actually fits the song very well. The best song on the album.
2. Rock ‘n’ Roll Singer-4/5. Another great guitar riff with great Bon Scott vocals. AC/DC were always at their best when their songs were about the rock lifestyle.
3. The Jack-5/5. Very bluesy, slow song about being with a woman who has an STD. As disgusting as it may sound, the lyrics actually describe it as a card game. Very witty. One of the best songs on here.
4. Live Wire-4/5. A little slower and a lot less raw than the rest of the album. The lyrics and vocal delivery make up for the lack of raw power.
5. T.N.T.-4/5. This song is pure attitude. Very heavy beat that keeps your head bobbing. Another great vocal performance from Bon Scott.
6. Can I Sit Next To You Girl-4/5. Very upbeat with a bit of a dancy feel, in a rock ‘n’ roll way!! Cool, sexually charged lyrics. AC/DC are very good at this type of song.
7. Little Lover-5/5. Another bluesy number with great guitar playing. Lyrically, it’s about spending a little “quality time” with an underage groupie. Great vocals from Scott.
8. She’s Got Balls-4/5. This is probably my least favorite song on the album. It still has a classic title and excellent lyrics with a great vocal. A little less raw than the other songs.
9. High Voltage-5/5. Another great raw energy and attitude track. Upbeat and exciting. Another excellent song with great rock ‘n’ roll lyrics and a great vocal delivery.
This album is full of excellent songs where even the weaker ones are on par with the best of AC/DC’s 1980’s hits. Bon Scott had a vocal style and energy that, with all due respect, Brian Johnson just doesn’t have. This is one of their absolute best albums.