Blog

How Do I Sing Hard Rock/metal (distorted) Vocals Without Hurting My Voice?

7 responses to “How Do I Sing Hard Rock/metal (distorted) Vocals Without Hurting My Voice?”

1. Tekka says:

Sing from the diaphragm. It’s a very strong muscle and will take most of the pressure off your vocal chords. When you sing from your throat that puts the pressure on the small, weak muscles there which is how you develop sore throats and worse problems.
    The diaphragm is the muscle under your ribs that goes up and down as you exhale and inhale.
    I can’t think of how to explain it, so I resort to Google. http://www.google.com/#hl=en&q=sing+from…

2. not just rainbows & butterflies says:

grunting vocals eventually cause damage to the vocal chords, take for instance Katatonia’s lead singer.

3. Dingo777 says:

sing from a lot of breathing and support in your diaphram. and not from your throat. go to a singing teacher too.

4. dashed for happiness<3 says:

Either you got it or you don’t

5. Tyler says:

Metal singing is supposed to be painful. Thats all it is is throat singing. Screw your diaphragm. If your passionate, you’ll destroy your vocal chords for the sake of the metal! WHOO ROCK AND ROLL!!!

6. Slikvoice says:

7. Slikvoice says:

hhHii ! I can song Hard rock song , and more guttural song , My name is Corey and I Sing And Scream it makes 5 years i learnd from a teacher … So if someone Want Some tips angelofdeath@live.fr , Because im too fucking tired to explain this here , because we are all deferent so…. So If Someone want to learn..Im here!